Energy Master Planning
At XD Consulting, supporting local authorities and community stakeholders in defining their sustainable energy strategies and developing their projects is core to our mission. To that effect, we offer the following services:
- Prepare tailored Local Energy Plan concepts in consultation with local stakeholders and in line with relevant policy framework (
Convenantof Mayors, NREA, etc.);
- Analysis of baseline energy and emissions balance for the study area projection of future energy demand considering socio-economic trends and policy targets;
- Assessment of potential renewable energy resources in the study area and feasibility studies of associated generation, storage
- Definition of future sustainable energy scenarios and
modellingof energy systems based on medium and long-term targets for high renewable energy penetration.
- SWOT analysis of the
modelledscenarios from the perspective of energy infrastructure, organisationaland institutional capabilities, financial feasibility, planning andpolicy, etc.
- Preparation of action plans for the implementation of the recommended scenario(s), stakeholder consultation, awareness-raising campaigns, etc.
- Support to local stakeholders in evaluating and developing business opportunities arising from the Local Energy Plan.
Some examples of projects carried out by XD Sustainable Energy Consulting Ltd. in the area of Sustainable Energy Planning
What Our Clients Say
“The RetroKit team worked with us in 2018 to develop a Positive Energy District concept for a Smart City project in Bishopstown. They helped us define a detailed strategy for deep energy retrofit for one of Cork City Council’s housing estates as part of the concept. We were very impressed by the level of flexibility offered by RetroKit to investigate a wide range of energy renovation options, and by the quality of the evidence provided to inform our investment plans.”