Xavier Dubuisson was instrumental in developing the Passive House standard in Ireland, first as programme manager at SEAI Renewable Energy Information Office and then as a consulting engineer in a wide range of projects across Ireland. Building on that experience, XD Consulting provides the following services to self-builders, project developers and their design team:
- Sustainability concept development and environmental performance target setting in consultation with the client and according to regulatory standards as well as international best practice;
- Integration of Bioclimatic Architecture principles for passive solar gains, daylighting and natural ventilation;
- Building energy balance analysis using the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) or dynamic simulation software (IES);
- Detailing and specification of the thermal envelope of the building in terms of insulation (incl. cold bridges), glazing and airtightness;
- Design and specification of renewable energy/low carbon building services for heating, cooling and ventilation;
- Tendering and procurement support;
- Site visits and inspections;
- Environmental performance assessment (BREEAM, LEEDS, Code for Sustainable Homes, etc.).
True to our integrated design approach, we also advise on indoor air quality, sustainable water and waste management strategies, ecological landscaping, at individual building level as well as for urban development sites.